Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 12 - More Vapemail

My order from High Desert Vapes finally showed up! Picked up the monster flavor and I've been vaping it for the last 3 hours straight. I think I found my perfect all day vape! They even threw in a tiny 3ml freebie called "Organic Raspberry Cream" at 50/50 12mg.

Blurry picture of High Desert Vapemail
This weekend was a pretty good test case for being away from the house while vaping. It was the Magic the Gathering: Gatecrash prerelease weekend. Typically prerelease weekends I would go through an entire carton of cigarettes during the weekend. Theres a lot of waiting, a LOT of talking and a lot of being social between rounds for 15-20 hours each day.

The first problem I ran into was, I forgot to charge my batteries. I barely made it home when the last one went out. Not a huge issue but easily fixable, I just put a charger in my car.

The second problem was much worse. I ran out of eLiquid on Sunday. I thought I filled up 6 cartomizers Saturday night, but only filled two, the other 4 were empty. Combine that with opening one of the full CE5's when switching flavors (DOH!) I nearly ran completely out. Luckily a few other MTG players Vape and I got to pick up some extra eLiquid. If I had been anywhere else I would of been screwed, but luckily I live 5 mins from the venue, so if I had run out it wouldn't of been the end of the world.

I also ran into a leakage problem. With constantly moving my case around and bumping around, some of my Clearomizers leaked out and emptied on their own.

So my lessons this weekend are this:

  • Bring a charger, always.
  • Bring an eLiquid Bottle, just don't bring clearomizers prefilled.
  • If I'm in a highly social situation where I want to change flavors a lot, don't fill them up all the way, they'll leak out.
I also had to field quite a few questions about vaping all weekend. Every type of person from the Super anti-smoking/nicotine jackasses to the interested smokers. Everyone was at least a little interested in what I was doing. Seems vaping is catching and becoming more common knowledge since I first started casually vaping oh so many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment