Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 36 - The VAMO

I came home from an interview today (which I think I totally bombed, I do not feel good about this. Sucks) and was happily surprised by my latest acquisition to my Vape Arsenol. The VAMO V2! I picked this baby up from my favorite hardware vendor Vape Dojo (To be fair, I had a 25% off coupon, otherwise I would of gotten it from somewhere else) For the price and full kit, it was well worth it. Tossed in two 18350s and powered it up as soon as I could, switched over to variable wattage mode, screwed in my Vivi Nova and took a toot at 9 watts. My lungs currently aren't talking to me as it was way too high.

My first thoughts: The Throat hit created by this device is massive. Much more than I'm use to by far. Nothing else I've used (my eGos, the Lavatube or an ancient flashlight I converted years ago when I first learned about vaping) have ever produced this effect. In truth I didn't think something like this was possible. I've tried several atomizers of varying ohm value and noticed a huge difference between them at the same wattage. (The Vamo makes checking it so much easier) It seems high resistance, 2.5ohm+ works great with this device, while lower ones, 1.8ohm-, perform poorly. Ecto Cooler from MVB has never tasted so good with a 3.0ohm vivi nova at 7.5 watts. 

Secondly, this thing just LOVES finger prints. Note to self: Next time I commit a crime, do not leave the Vamo behind. The moment I took it out of the plastic sleeve it was already covered in tiny finger prints. 

Next point of annoyance is the charger that came with it. The 18350's do NOT sit well in it. Its not secure. I feel if I bump the thing the batteries will fly out. Not a huge deal since I have a ton of chargers already. 

Otherwise, I think this is one of the better hardware purchuses I've made for vaping. I already love it more than my Lavatube. Best of all, my Vivi Novas look beautiful on top of it.

Now, what will my next piece of hardware be... maybe an eVic? Perhaps a box mod?

Vamo + New Vivi


A few days ago I received an order from the best eJuice supplier in the world, Mt Baker Vapor. I picked up my all day vape Monster flavor in various PG/VG mixtures to test out how each performs. So far I really enjoy 100% VG. It produces the vapor feeling I miss from smoking. I've noticed I don't really like as much throat hit vaping as I did smoking. I really enjoy it smooth and the VG mix is perfect. Next time I order my ADV flavors (which btw are currently Strawberry Kiwi, Mango, Monster and Ecto Cooler. They're all glorious) I'm going to get them in 100% VG with 3-4 flavor shots.

I really need to stop buying stuff. I keep staying around -$200 in the hole with this endevour. However I'm having a ton of fun researching and answering questions. Seems every person I normally interact with is very interested in vaping. I seem to have several devices that are always on loan. Not that I mind, more vapers, more fun right? On the bright side I finally figured out what I like in terms of flavor/PG/VG Mixture so I don't have to buy every possible flavor anymore, that should cut down my costs a bit.

On a side note, I got to tell someone I didn't smoke today. Felt kind of good.

Edit: Its day 36 not 35! Wow how time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment